Cameron - the 20 year old new intern, who wants to create - came to work on Monday
Brett - 17 year old adobe photoshop whiz is on summer vacation from school, available to work all the time, but really wants to only photoshop and be in the back room
Ryan - Willy's 17 year old grandson here for a month and to keep him entertained is working at the studio
Willy - my boss, "THE" photographer, who gets bored unless there are pictures to take or cars to look at on the Internet or errands to run
Me- the old woman, the one who supposedly knows what she is doing, the one left in charge
How do I explain that I felt like I was babysitting 4 boys. I continually had to decide what needed to be done, who needed to do what and teach them how to do it; while trying to accomplish my own responsibilities and answer all the other questions that came up. My opinion was the one sought, my answers were the ones used to solve problems, my decisions were the ones made.
Friday - 5 days later - I figured out how to make assignments that the "boys" enjoyed and could do mostly on their own. I crossed off most of the items on the post it notes and I hope I can sleep tonight.
Saturday - I am going into work to help with pictures and accomplish a few more things on the list.
I do not want to be the one in charge, I do not have to be the boss. Someone else can have the glory - let me have my own little corner.
Monday - Shelby comes back!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment