Alma 37: 6 "Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise."
or in other words -
"How do you eat an elephant, one bite at a time"
I struggle with starting anything unless I can see the end in sight. Thus I rarely start goals, projects, books, etc. I am learning I do not need to know when it ends, I just need to begin. Helps for me are writing what I want to accomplish weekly and daily and checking it off. 
We bought paint for the house last June and I am sure still have at least half the house to go plus all the trim. But we spend an hour or two on an occasionally weekend - "one bite at a time"
Healthier life - vegetables and fruits at lunch and dinner, morning walks with Natasha (our border collie) even if it means two showers each morning (one before seminary and one after the walk) - "small and simple things"
P.S.
1 Nephi 1:20 "...the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith..."
- a thank you from a seminary student on the day that I felt like the meanest seminary teacher ever -
3 comments:
why did you feel like such a mean seminary teacher? what did you do?
She was bad, she told a student to leave class if she would not participate.
Kate says her seminary teacher wouldn't have asked them to leave. She would've thrown her shoe at them.
I noticed your very upward slanting writing on the whiteboard. That's a sign of an optimist. I know you are a positive influence on all who know you, even the seminary student you almost booted.
Post a Comment