A couple of weeks ago, our seminary class made advent calendars. Monday I discovered a couple of the girls are actually opening their calendars and creating or reading or singing everyday -that was more than I expected, I thought they would all end up in the trash. Today, Craig asked how we were doing on our advent calendar. "Poorly" was the answer - "open today's and see what we are to do."
Write about a favorite Christmas tradition either in your journal or blog.
Christmas morning means waiting to go into the living room together. Christmas morning means opening your stocking first and seeing what trinkets Santa brought you. Christmas morning means drinking orange juice and eating cinnamon rolls before opening any more presents - according to my Dad you need to get something nutritious in you. Christmas morning means opening presents 1 at a time - the oldest member of the family picks a present from under the tree and gives it to the recipient who opens it while all watch and ooh and aww together, then the 2nd oldest member does the same and so on down to the youngest and then we start all over again. Christmas morning means taking an hour to hours to open all the presents. Christmas morning means enjoying the happiness on the faces of those who receive your gifts.
I love this and I am excited because it is one of Aimee's favorite traditions too. This tradition has been passed down from my dad to me to Aimee. I love having traditions that bind the family relationship.
What is one of your favorite Christmas traditions?
3 comments:
Aimee isn't the only one-- Anthony is pretty sure this is the only way Christmas morning can go, so I think we'll be doing it every year, too.
No complaints here about him enjoying that tradition too. Smiles everywhere.
Santa Floyd always filled GREAT stockings and then in the middle of the night would set them on the end of our beds. Waking up with a heavy weight of goodness on your feet is so enthralling! We would them open then stockings in the wee hours of the morning with help from the flashlights that we naturally tucked under our pillows the night before. My dad always reads the Christmas story as well. I LOVE TRADITIONS!
Post a Comment