Every year my mom gives me a new calendar, it is always from "Country". This year it is landscape scenes from across the United States - last year it was gardens. They are always beautiful pictures to look at - except July (my birthday month) for some reason July usually has the most boring picture in the whole calendar. Not this year, it is the Pacific Coast line off Oregon, makes me want to be there.
Every year it is a ritual to transfer the birthday information from the old calendar to the new calendar. I just completed the ritual. Girls are written in 1 color, boys another, except in September - poor Chris was written in the girls' color. For the month of January - the girls got green and the boys got blue. September - orange for girls, green for guys. I was trying to add more variety.
My calendar shows I have 42 nephews and nieces - reality I have 43 but I missed writing Autumn's birth down - I think it is May?????? hummm..... But then I could have counted wrong also.
My calendar shows 9 double birthdays (that is where a family member shares a birthday with another family member.) One of those is an obvious share - it is Candace with her twin sister Carissa; I still can not tell them apart. This year was a bit easier - Carissa's hair is way long, past her waist; Candace is shorter but still past her shoulders. Wait until one changes it, I will be lost again.
It shows 2 triple birthdays - Anthony's is one of those. He was born on my sister Katherine's birthday and my niece Christine was born on this same day. The other triple is for Nathan Gene Garrett - Nathan Anderson - Gene Garrett; can you guess who Nathan Gene was named after?
My calendar show my activities in purple for the month of January. It has dentist appointments, temple sessions, stake conference sessions and missionary dinner appointments. The most important date is January 18, there is no seminary that day - that means I do not have to set an alarm. Yippee!!!! If you have read any of my facebook statuses you would know I love to wake up when my body and mind wake up on their own - no alarm necessary. That is usually after the sun raises not while it is still dark outside - although I do love seeing the stars shining in the clear morning sky.
My calendar shows I will be turning 50 this year on my birthday. I am not sure I am ready for that. I have always accepted growing old but maybe not now. Maybe I will start going backwards and I will turn 48 this year. I like that idea, so when I am really 80 I will be 20. Sounds good to me.
My calendar shows that on December 18, 2010 my granddaughter will turn 1 year old. Just so you know she is the most beautiful granddaughter in the world and the only ones that will ever have a chance to surpass her will be her future sisters and cousins, and that will be close.
My calendar already shows one trip to Utah for February 12-15, Zoe's blessing. It needs to show more trips to Utah or ???? wherever Anthony and Jana end up going to graduate school.
I like to review my past year calendar to revisit accomplishments, events, activities. I look forward to what will be written on this year's calendar.
No comments:
Post a Comment