Tuesday, May 11, 2010
My reactions
Often while on my morning walks with Natasha we pass an older gentleman walking his golden lab. This lab is a bigger dog and every time we pass the lab lunges at Natasha with the hair on the back of his neck up and growls. Every time the owner has to bring his dog under control. Today was no exception, I was prepared for the lunge but apparently his owner was not. As the lab lunged, he kept coming so I immediately put myself between Natasha and him, turning my back to the owner. The thoughts went through my mind why is this dog still coming and then I turned around and saw the owner rolling on the ground. For a moment I pondered how I was going to keep the dogs apart and help this gentleman, but before I could do anything he got himself up. I was surprised the lab then just turned from Natasha and walked back to his owner. I kept asking him if he was okay and he said "yes, I wasn't prepared for that." I know he hurt his hand somehow because he kept shaking it, I am hoping it is a minor scrape or something simple. I don't know what I could have done different, I personally wonder what I would have done if the dog attacked Natasha. I just keep wondering why do I feel guilty about the incident.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment