I know you were all waiting for Part I, since I started with Part II, but I kept you guessing what that was right?
On Saturday, we took a evening hike up Mt. Monserate just east of Fallbrook. It has become another one of our favorite places to hike, especially in the evening because you get a beautiful view of the sunset and valley. This time it was the short version because we did not want to be hiking back down in the dark. Going up that late in the day I guess it meant the snakes were active because we saw two - #1 a Red Diamond Back Rattler about 5 feet long and #2 a Racer about 2 feet long, (he was a skinny little bugger, skinny snakes freak me out even more than big ones). Sorry we did not get any pictures, we were in a bit of a shock and really wanted to get away from them and they did not like us either. (the funny thing is Aimee and I were talking about some of our biggest fears recently and snakes are what come immediately to my mind and in the past 2 weeks I have seen 7 of them)
One of the things we thought while hiking up Monserate is that it would look quite desolate but it proved us wrong, it was quite in bloom. So here are a few pictures from this time around. And you might note that I also considered naming this post "Beauty in the Little Things."
 |
| Anyone know what these are called? |
 |
| Yucca plants were all over the hillside. |
 |
| Cheery and petite. |
 |
| Have you ever thought of sagebrush as being beautiful? |
 |
| I love the focus point and lack of in the surrounding areas of this picture. |
 |
| There were sections in this hillside covered with this little purple flowers. |
 |
| This is taken about halfway up looking west to I-15. |
 |
| My handsome dude even in paint splattered jeans. |
 |
| Beauty even in the scruffy face and frizzy hair. |
And guess what there is a part III still to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment