Pippin you first came into our lives about 10 years ago to help a sobbing young lady overcome her sadness of the lost of her first cat. You were so tiny and furry. We loved holding you on our laps because you could fit almost in our palms, thus your name - Pippin because you were small like a hobbit. The funny thing even at 23 lbs you still thought you fit in our laps.
I can think of all the things you loved to do; jump in boxes, swat plastic ties, bite our toes if we didn't pet you just so, sleep on our bed, have you face brushed as hard as can be imagined.
You were fierce. Even as a little one, you growled at Natasha and showed her who was boss. 95 lb Aspen was no threat to you when you jumped on him for being in your home ground.
You were crazy, literally crazy. Laying in wait to attack if you didn't like what we did. Pouncing and biting and scratching because we touch you too far down the neck. I will have many the scar to remember you by.
You were strong, pulling your heavy fat body up 6 ft to the top of the scratching post to study the birds and critters outside.
You were sly, knowing full well that at night you were put out of the bedroom so you found plenty of hiding spots - a favorite under our bed.
I will miss vacuuming up your long fur and having to empty the vacuum tank sometimes twice in a cleaning. I will miss your pawing at my hand during dinner in hopes for a good face scratch. I will miss your welcoming me home each night at the door and leading me to your food bowl. I will miss your jumping into the tub after a shower to lap up the puddles.
As crazy and grumpy as you were I will miss you. I hope you are enjoying all the catnip you can and chasing birds to your heart content along with daily facial scratches from the angels.
No comments:
Post a Comment