I love my family with all my heart, they are the world to me. The great thing is because of the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ, that we remember at this time of year, my family can be more than the world to me, they can be my eternity.
I am blessed to be married to Craig, the best thing that every happened to me. I fell in love with my best friend and we have been together 27 years. 28 years ago this time of year I was heading to California to meet his family and we became engaged. Craig is amazing and would do anything for you, he is one of the most selfless people I know. He desires to make the world better.
Almost 25 years ago, a very beautiful son came into our home. Anthony is the best son, he is loving, kind hearted and gentle. I am pretty sure he would do anything he could to save the world. Two years ago he met Jana and now she is part of our family. She is beautiful both inside and out. She brings out the best in Anthony and supports him with all her heart. She has given great love to our family and I am so thankful she is my family now too.
My beautiful daughter Aimee came into our home 20 years ago and her smile warms up your heart. Her energy and enthusiasm for anything or anyone is expressed to the highest degree. If you are her friend, you are blessed.
Christmas allows/encourages the family to come together. This year we will have Aimee home after a semester in Vienna, Austria where she developed many friendships and connected with a new family, her host family. They have been so generous with their home to her and makes it difficult for her to leave. Craig and I are grateful that we will be able to met them and thank them in person for their love given to her.
After Christmas, Anthony and Jana will come spend a few days with us. They have spent their semester in Ukraine teaching English to children and feeling loved by their host family. What great experiences all our children have had. And although I have missed them and not just picking up the phone to call them, I know it has given them something that has changed their lives and helped them be more than they were.
My mom is coming for Christmas, she is the best lady. She has taught me so much and I am delighted to share our family Christmas traditions with her, although most of them have come from her and my family while I was growing up. We will miss my dad, he gave us so much, and although he returned to our Heavenly Father 22 years ago this season, his presence and life will always influence me for the better. If you have ever gotten a card or letter from me it is because he was a letter writer and I honor him by writing.
Again Christmas is family. We have eternal families because Christ came on earth to enable us to live with Him and His Father forever. I love my family and I love my Savior, Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father. Celebrate the joy They give us.
1 comment:
how come anth and jana get 2 pics of them and only 1 of me?!
love you.
Post a Comment