Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sometimes it just works

Monday's seminary lesson worked, maybe because I actually spent several days thinking about it. The lesson kept being put aside for other lessons, such as "Gratitude and the Ten Lepers" before Thanksgiving and then there was a week off for Thanksgiving. I think talking about what I wanted to do with Craig on the way to my sister's home for Thanksgiving helped, it helped me refine my thoughts.

It was taken from Luke 14, the Savior shares several parables or stories about being a disciple, His disciple. I chose to have the kids pick defining words demostrated in the parables about what a disciple is. It could not be any defining words, the words had to spell out DISCPLESHIP.

Here is what these amazing youth came up with:

Deserving/desire/dependent
Integrity
Selfless/service
Compassionate
Insightful/inclination
Polite/prepared
Loving/learning
Earnest/everlasting
Serving/sincere
Humble/humane
Incentive/intelligent
Pure in heart

It worked because these great kids were in tune and wanted to share. But we did not stop there, the next step was to do the same for their own name. After that they shared what they created with the rest of the class. These valient youth are true disciples of Christ.

Take your name and write qualities you have that show you are a disciple of Christ. Here is my simple example:

Everreaching
Longing for goodness
Loving
Example
Nice

It worked, but mostly because I received direction from Heavenly Father on what to do, what He wanted taught.

1 comment:

Loving, Learning, and Sharing said...

Glad you love me, the kids, and seminary.