Monday, August 17, 2009

Aimee - Her 21st


Twenty-one years ago today, Aimee Kristine Garrett came into our family forever. She was a miracle birth, at least that is what the doctor said. Aimee was breech and the doctor decided to turn her before the delivery, upon doing so her umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck but we did not realize this until it was delivery time. She was unable to come completely out without the cord being cut. The doctor tried initially to just unwrap the cord but discovered that was not going to work, once the cord was cut, which was unusually short, she came just fine into the world.

It took us a day to decide on her name - Aimee- which means beloved and Kristine - after Craig's sister. Aimee is so beloved, she came into a family that had greatly waited on her arrival and hoped for her to come.

She has been a delight and joy to me and our family.

One of my best friends.

A short list (a very short list) of her qualities that bless her and us are as follows:

Beautiful - she has always been pretty in appearance but her true beauty is in the sweet spirit that shines through


Courageous and fearless - nothing holds her back, she sees a new adventure in everything

Kind and friendly - her friends are friends for life, there are no boundaries of who she can be friends with, all feel her love and genuine interest


Strong - both physically, mentally and spiritual, she is true to her convictions



Seeking - she loves to learn and discover



Talented - one of her gifts is photography and another is languages


I love my daughter with all my heart. I am so thankful for this blessing into my life.

Happy Birthday Aimee!!!!












2 comments:

Aimee said...

thanks mama. i love you too!

Heather said...

Awwee...they were adorable babies. Aimee is such an angel, always kind, non-judgmental, and forgiving. I haven't been around her much since she was around 13, but she still seems the same loving wonderful person. When I put Lil to sleep and she says "MOM..." for the hundredth time, and I go back to see what she needs I always think of Aimee ;) You are such an awesome mom!!