Today was a good day.
Maybe because I actually got a good night sleep last night. It was the first night in a week or more where I did not wake up thinking "is it acostarse or acordarse", which I was not doing particular well at either anyway. But I was tired of thinking of all these Spanish words in the middle of the night. Last night I know I slept well because I had a full dream in English - a really, really weird dream that there is no way I could explain - but a full dream still.
And maybe I was able to sleep because I got an 80 on my Spanish test. I finally relaxed after taking the test. I did not even cry while taking the test (prayed that I would not), I even understood most of the oral questions and answered with the appropriate subject (even if I did mess up with my pronouns). Granted I think Professor Cortes was generous to me in the writing because my paragraph had red marks all over it and he still gave me 18 points out of 25. Two of the sections I received full points - say whoohoo for me.
Maybe it was a good day because I ate extremely delicious food at our RS potluck luncheon on base. We were to bring foods we loved. Guess what I brought - BAKED POTATOES with sour cream. I was trying to decide and I just knew I had to bring baked potatoes they are one of my absolute favorites. The only thing I would always rank above them would be raspberries and cream. We had homemade rolls, hummus and pitas, cherry - pineapple crumb cake, KFC, salad, fudge and well you get the picture.
And maybe it was a good day because I was able to give about 10 hugs to some of my favorite sisters who are just amazing. I could not imagine being a military wife. Life would be so different. I love hugging my sisters. I did have to say goodbye to Sarah - transfers to northern California. She and her sweet family will be missed. But I sent her with a tiny indoor rose bush and told her when she looks at it to remember how much I love her.
Maybe it was a good day because Mom and I enjoyed a stroll around Fallbrook, stepping in and out of the cute quaint shops on Main Street. Admiring the little trinkets here and there but thinking way too much money. Explored the new library - so very, very cool. Picking up a small serving each of the frozen yogurt from the Yogurt Place and savoring them in the Village Square while being delighted with 2 finches bathing in the fountain. What a pleasant moment.
Maybe it was a good day because I even took an afternoon nap. So delightful.
Maybe it was a good day because I tried a delicious new recipe from Aimee.
Maybe it was a good day because I now have the new version of blogger that is more user friendly and much more fun.
Maybe it was a good day just because.
No comments:
Post a Comment