Monday, April 11, 2011

Zoe's magnets


Of course as a Grandma you desire to enjoy many moments with your grandchildren.  Zoe has a very smart mom who suggest that one of Zoe's favorite new activities was to play with magnets.  Well, being the good Grandma I am I could not resist but to purchase some cute magnets for her to play with.  Jana had sent a link to some, I did a little research and found a bucket worth of 60 magnets that were promptly ordered and shipped to Baltimore.  The magnets arrived the same day I did and were waiting for Zoe and I to enjoy together once we arrived home. 

These videos which should have been one continuous video but I am still learning how to film show a little bit of her happiness with the new toys.  I love watching her walk back and forth to her mom.   It really makes me smile.







Part of the fun of the magnets was hearing animal sounds.  Zoe would show me a magnet and I would make the sound or act like the animal for her.  For a brief moment she thought all the magnets made a monkey noise but we finally got that one straighten out.  I mean it was pretty silly to watch Grandma bounce around scratching under her arms and saying "who who ha ha."   Do you know the sound a rabbit makes, neither do I but I got pretty good at hopping up and down.  And a seal is quite fun to watch as you "arf arf arf" and slap your wrist together.  The good thing is the videos are all of Zoe and not her Grandma.

Zoe is so smart she also discovered the magnets would stick to the dishwasher and the bottom drawer of the oven.  Plus they hold paper to those items also.  I gave her some crayons too and we showed her how the picture she drew could stay on the fridge with the magnets.  Initially she was not so sure about that because she did not want her picture removed from her notebook.  But she finally decided that was okay.

When we were at the Walter's Art Museum we discovered the magnets there and amazingly they do the same thing.  Here are a couple of pictures from that adventure too.  Who really knew a simple thing like a magnet would be so fun.  Zoe's mommy of course and she was wise enough to share that knowledge.


And if you manage through all the videos and you were not Zoe's Grandma than you must just be a pretty awesome fan of hers though.  But than who wouldn't be, she is pretty adorable.  And she definitely has a very smart mom who shares good ideas with grandma.


1 comment:

Katherine said...

What company did you order the magnets from? What a great gift for a little one.