Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday Afternoon Nap

It was 2 pm, lunch was over and hot inside our home, I had gotten 5 1/2 hours sleep the night before and I decided I was taking a Sunday afternoon nap.  I laid down and read a couple of Conference talks and than fell asleep for about 45 minutes.  When I awoke this is what I viewed out my window.


Our crepe myrtle tree in blossom.

I thought it looked quite pretty.  This year our crepe myrtle trees have been extremely generous in their blossoming.  Almost every branch has flowers out or in the process of blooming.  I have been enjoying seeing them each day.   I thought I would share their beauty with you.


Looking through the branches of one to our 2nd tree

They have grown quickly, since planting them 7 to 8 years ago.


Close up view
 This is the best year blooming for sure.


An even closer view of the individual blossom and other buds waiting to come out

The bees like them too
As you can see it was quite a pleasant treat to wake up to. 

No comments: