Sunday, September 18, 2011

Raspberries

Remember when I posted this and had high hopes for the raspberries - well, this is what happened:


Green, bushy raspberry plants

Golden raspberries

Red raspberries
Now, I know it wasn't just my cleaning the bushes that caused this, but it helped.  It was also the regular watering and the mulching.

And because of this, we got:


Beautiful, delicious raspberries to snack on
We have enjoyed these raspberries in different dishes, such as:


Yummy salad with romaine lettuce, feta cheese, cranraisins and candied walnuts topped with poppy seed dressing


Vanilla yogurt and kaisha cereal for breakfast
We have gotten a small bowl every week or so for the past month, such as this:

Beautiful, huh?
But today, when I asked Craig for a bowl to pick the raspberries he handed me a cereal bowl and asked if I thought that was big enough.  I said, "oh, yeah, there aren't that many", well, I was partially right.  This is what I picked today:
It was big enough, but almost not

And we enjoyed them (with some left over) like this:


Topping our personal "chocolate molten lava cakes"
Man, I am glad I got those scratches, it really was all worth it.

P.S.  If you would like the recipes links here they are -

Chocolate molten lava cakes

Candied pecans

Poppy Seed Salad Dressing





4 comments:

Katherine said...

Yea, for raspberries. They look delicious. I have to buy mine at the grocery store.

MOMMY TALK WITH STEPH said...

Jealous! I LOVE raspberries! That's awesome that you got all those to eat! You rock! Keep up the great work!

Aimee said...

Those raspberries look so amazing. I can't wait till we have our own place and can grow a big garden! Also, your molten lava cakes look like a pile of brown sugar, I thought they were at first. What kind of chocolate do you use? Ours were much darker.... hope they turned out nice and lava-ey this time though :)

Tammy said...

I am so incredibly jealous! I love raspberries! They are my favorite, but I can't bring myself to buy them very often. They are so expensive! I had raspberry bushes in Utah, but I don't know if I will be able to convince David that we can find room for them here, too. They look so delicious!