Friday, March 13, 2015

Photo Journal Week #10

Friday the 13th
Wilderness Gardens Preserve a part of San Diego County Parks and Recreation













On a hot Friday morning I visited Wilderness Gardens Preserve.  It was a pleasant hike with cool breezes, birds singing, bugs humming and bugging, and stillness.
I first took the Upper Meadow Trail rated as moderate difficult with a short but steep climb.  There I enjoyed a vista of the valley and pond overlook.  Further on I took a short steep climb to the little meadow and enjoyed some more wildflowers.  Both trails were sprinkled with wildflowers some I had never seen before.  
After a short dissent I came upon the pond, meeting my first view of other visitors, up to this point I had the trails to myself.  The pond was a delight surrounded by cattails and critters living in them.  A discovery upon each step closer to a cattail I heard the scuttle and immediate splash into the pond.  Nevertheless I did not venture to see what critters they were.  
From the pond back I followed the river view trail, it follows the San Luis Rey River, which was a complete dry bed.  
All and all I walked about 3 miles, snapped pictures, listened to the wilderness, and enjoyed myself.  

*There is no water on the trails or in the preserve and it does get hot so be prepared with your own.  It is stated to have ticks, rattlesnakes, and poison oak.  I luckily saw only squirrels, birds, and ants.  
The Preserve is only open Friday through Monday, 8 to 4, and closed in August.  It is located off the 76, east of Pala, about 15 miles from Fallbrook.

To view my other photo journals visit here.

No comments: