Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Photo Journal Week #27

July 21, 2015 - Beach Day

I received a treat of a lifetime last night and this morning.  Craig's brother and family are renting a beach house in Oceanside for the week and I jumped at the chance to spend the night there.

I delighted being with them and celebrating the youngest son's 4th birthday.  He is such a cutie, being every so excited and grateful for the glow sticks I gave him as his gift.  A family tradition of theirs was for the birthday child to hear words of love and positive vibes from each member. Ezra wanted more and more. Ha! 

As the children were being tucked in their beds, I read on the balcony overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Later I fell asleep to the sounds of waves crashing on the shore, woke to the light of the day, and ran 1.5 miles on the beach - my first time to ever run on a beach (I suppose besides when I was young and running from waves.) Simple but more than I could ask for for the 18 hours of pleasure. 

Plus watching the family enjoy the ocean and sand.  A treasured moment for sure.
























































Previous weeks.

No comments: