You gotta have ice cream if you drive by Nielsons Frozen Custard on the way to the Bountiful Temple.
 |
| Bountiful Temple waters |
|
With our current flexible schedule and missionary preparation, Craig and I have been attending a temple weekly. Ahhhhh! What a gift. So far we have enjoyed going to the Salt Lake Temple - with a bonus last week because our nephew Nate married his sweetheart Caitlyn there. Loved, loved, loved being there and reminded about eternal families.
We went to the Bountiful Temple this last Friday for a wonderful date night. It was beautiful in and out of the temple. I loved all the tulips - reds, yellows, orange, white, purple, and double tulips. Plus we enjoyed a delicious dinner of halibut and Italian chicken in the cafeteria - I remember the joke used to be don't just go to the temple for dinner, please attend a endowment session or two. After a peaceful endowment (teaching and learning) session, we admired the most amazing chandelier in the Celestial Room - a place to mediate.
 |
| The evening sky reflecting on the temple windows |
 |
| Spring tulips are so lovely |
 |
| Bountiful Temple beauty |
The bonus was we saved room in our bellies for some of Nielsons Frozen Custard on the way home. I shared a bumbleberry - strawberry and raspberry - shake with Craig and Craig shared a caramel cluster ice cream cone with me.
 |
| Bumbleberry shake with fresh strawberries and raspberries |
The family project here has been assembling a 150 step instruction play structure in the backyard. I am not even sure how many bolts, washers, screws, beams. and other assorted pieces that included but my closest estimate is about 1 million. Everyone pitched in right down to the littlest guy. Z's job was finding the parts and assembling bolts with their nuts and washers ready to go. She loves working right along side her grandpa, even the not so fun projects like regrouting showers. I dare say Craig and Anthony did most of the work but now we have our very own park in the backyard - there is a clubhouse, climbing wall, slide - J's favorite - , and numerous swings.
 |
| Step 50, Craig and Anthony hard at work |
 |
| The little guy doing his part |
My fun adventure was walking to the Frontrunner and riding it down to Lehi where I connected with Aimee and Colby for a glorious morning at the Thanksgiving Point Curiosity Museum. I say glorious because Colby actually wanted to be with me and have me play alongside him. He was so cute - his favorite activity is throwing the little basketball into the net (it is suppose to be some sort of science experience but to him it is just a ball and a net.) If he missed he would say "almost" and if he made it we all cheered with "yay!" We played in water and sand, caused an earthquake, went pretend shopping, sliding, and I even came home with a piece of art for my Grandma wall. After lunch at JDawgs I caught the Frontrunner home.
 |
| My view as I walk to the Front runner, City Creek Park |
 |
| The Utah State Capital reflecting in the pond - this one was regrammed by them |
 |
| More waterfalls, this time from the Conference Center |
 |
| My little artist |
 |
| You know you have Garrett blood when you stick out your tongue while concentrating |
The unfun part of the adventure was studying for the Utah Driver's test I am taking this week. Since my license will expire on our mission I need to renew it besides I am officially a Utah resident too.
 |
| My walk back up on the way home from a fun day |
Yes, there is continuous Italian study, Preach My Gospel study, and scripture study. Plus Craig and I are preparing for sacrament meeting talks. We will be speaking in the Fallbrook 2nd Ward on May 22 at 11 am. If you live in southern California come see us there. And we will be speaking in the Ensign 1st Ward on May 29 at 9 am, so if you live in Utah come hear us then.
Craig reminds me we have six, 6, weeks until we enter the MTC. My stomach flips sometimes at the thought. I mean I am leaving behind this:
 |
| He loves to finish off my morning yogurt |
Sono grato per il Vangelo de Gesu Cristo. Io so Joseph Smith era un profeta di Dio. Io so noi abbiamo un profeta sulla terra oggi. Io so che Gesu Cristo 'e il Figlio di Dio e il nostro Salvatore. Amo Gesu Cristo. Amo mio Padre Celeste. Il libro di Mormon 'e la parola di Dio. So che il Padre Celeste risponde alle mie preghiere. Nel nome di Gesu Cristo, Amen.
Ti amo.
Ellen
1 comment:
Three cheers for Ellen and the progress she is making learning Italiano. What a great companion.
Post a Comment