I had been hearing about the wildflowers in bloom at Cecret Lake in the Albion Basin for a few weeks. If you mention flowers, especially wildflowers I can't stop thinking about them until I see them.
So over the last week I had been telling Craig I wanted to take the hike to Cecret Lake. Saturday evening we had the time and we took it.

Albion Basin is up Little Cottonwood Canyon. We drove up to the road and were told the parking lot was full and we would most likely be waiting 20 minutes plus for a spot and it costed $6.00 or we could park in the first lot by the Albion Basin and either walk to the trail head on the Upper Albion Basin hike or walk around the Lower Albion Basin. I opted for the Upper because it would get me to Cecret Lake and Cecret Lake was where the wildflowers were.
What a delight it was to take this trail. It added an addition 3.5 miles round trip to the our original planned hike but this is where the wildflowers were!
Cecret Lake was beautiful and a sight to see. The rocks and wildflowers on the interpretive trail was really nice. But the Upper Albion Basin trail was filled with an explosion of wildflowers. It was gorgeous, wildflowers to see everywhere.
One of the signs said there are 120 different kinds of wildflowers. WOW! I didn't see that many and you are probably grateful you don't have to make your way through 120 photos. But I saw plenty and loved it all.
We were also blessed with a deer and moose sighting. We kept our distance to not disturb them and so they wouldn't disturb us. But it was fun to see them.
I love this beautiful world of ours.



















1 comment:
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment