I chose to write daily on facebook something I was thankful for in my life. This is my month of posts - some are not exactly a "I am thankful for ..." but they were things I thought about daily that I was grateful to have or experience in my life.
Nov. 30 - I never realized that not all houses in California have heaters, I am grateful on this chilly morning to have a house equipped with a furnace.
Nov. 29 - Just played a most hilarious game of Monopoly with Nate & Aimee Berrett, Craig Garrett and Norine Garrett - I lost with a most slow but painless death it was just laughable
Nov. 28 - I am in the midst of a winter wonderland today. It is beautiful outside.
Nov. 27 - I have decided I have become a wimpy Californian - I thought it was cold there at 60 degrees but now I am really freezing in Utah with 20 degree weather.
Nov. 26 - So good to be with family
Nov. 25 - Our trusty little red Mazada got us to Utah safe and sound - Craig drove all night but the roads were clear, we appreciated a warm car when it was -22 in the middle of Utah at 2:30 in the morning, grateful for good eyes that spotted a huge mule deer in the middle of the road near Cedar Hills and welcomed a cozy bed prepared for us by Norine – so happy to be spending Thanksgiving with so much family!pared for us by Norine - so happy to be spending Thanksgiving with so much family today!
Nov. 24 - My mom taught me how to sew when I was around 12. I have been sewing ever since. Last night, I figured out how to alter 1 of my favorite skirts so it fits me again - in case you were wondering I downsized!
Nov. 23 - Roses are lovely and delicious smelling but have thorns, pyracantha are fascinating with their colorful orange berries but have thorns, bougainvillea are bright and colorful but have thorns - life is beautiful but has thorns. I choose not to let the thorns stop me from enjoy it all.
Nov. 22 - oh, the scents in the air - yesterday I am sure someone was baking oatmeal raisins cookies, today the crispness of the air and at our home - TOFFEE - yes, Craig is cooking his famous toffee
Nov. 21 - if you want to marry a good man, see how he treats your mother - I married a good man; he is helpful, encouraging, thoughtful and kind
Nov. 20 - I so love the rain, it really could rain almost anytime - well at least in the fall & winter months
Nov. 19 - totally frivolous, but I love Winco - they are the only place I can find vanilla Instant Breakfast, which is my favorite
Nov. 18 - 11 months ago sweet Zoe came into our lives - we have watched her go from a tiny newborn, learn to roll, sit up, crawl, stand, walking around furniture to just give me some credit cards and your cell phone (favorite toys) - she is a delight to our lives
Nov. 17- oh, the wonders of electricity - just a few perks from it today - heater that keeps my bed warm, fridge to keep my milk cold, clock to know the time, microwave to warm my syrup and waffles up for breakfast - without electricity none of these would be enjoyed
Nov. 16 - our pioneer heritage is something to be proud of - the sacrifices made to make my life better is wonderful - enjoyed a visit to the Mormon Battalion Visitor Center in Old Town, San Diego - what our early Mormon ancestors did to make even just California a better place is awesome
Nov. 15 - today's post - it is good to have work to do, it is good to have a job and to have a job I like
Nov. 14 - post for yesterday - I love to see the temple - love that I have an eternal family
Nov. 13 - planted my first winter vegetable garden - broccoli, cauliflower, romaine and red lettuce - we will see what grows
Nov. 12 - I am healthy, my hubbie is healthy, my kids and their families are healthy - wow that is something to be grateful for
Nov. 11 - Happy Veteran's Day. We are blessed to live next to Camp Pendleton and feel the sacrifice and respect that is given for our country by these wonderful Marines. I am happy to know several of them and their families, they truly do so much for our freedoms. Thank you – and all those who have served for all that we have here in this great United States of America
Nov. 10 - so many different kinds of apples; we tasted Golden Delicious, Fuji, Arkansas Black, Braebrun, Pink Lady and more - we settled on the Braebrun
Nov. 9 - laughing at the fact that my grandbaby Zoe called me by speed dial on her daddy's cell phone
Nov. 8 - oh the comfort of a warm, cozy bed
Nov. 7 - experiencing this world is wonderful - last night's beautiful sunset with its amazing pink, this morning's walk in a refreshing drizzle - each new day I rejoice in what is before me
Nov 7 - I love Sunday afternoon church; it means sleeping in, just talking with Craig, walk with Natasha and relaxing getting ready for church.
Nov. 6 - Saturday! what more is there to say
Nov. 5 - Yay for the Wright brothers discovering flight - Yay for airplanes - Yay for the airplane bringing my mom to California today so we can be together
Nov. 4 - so very grateful for the garbage man, he does a job most of us would not even consider
Nov. 3 - Cell phones and computers - I can see and talk to my children - the best thing ever
Nov. 2 - I live in a wonderful country with so many blessings, privileges and responsibilities. One of my privileges and responsibilities is the right to vote. I will be exercising that blessing today.
Nov. 1 - it's November; the wonderful, wonderful month of November. I was so grateful for the crisp air this morning, it made for a nippy walk for Natasha and me - glorious!
No comments:
Post a Comment