Monday, January 17, 2011

Santa Margarita River

On Mother's Day, Craig introduced me to this beautiful river trail. Both Natasha and I fell in love with it. It became a favorite Sunday morning stroll for all of us. Over the last 8 months we have watched the river, its surroundings and us change.
I am showing similar areas and events that took place over the months. Each is demonstrated by the place and the change.

SPRING growth (there is poison oak surrounding this rock, Craig told me afterwards)

FALL leaves on the path


SPRING path

SUMMER path

FALL Path

WINTER path

You can see there was a big difference over time, but one of the most obvious was the destruction of the path by the winter rains that overflowed the river and caused numerous mudslides.

SPRING flowers
WINTER barren trees


The ducks don't mind, the changes.



More FALL colors

WINTER trees (same spot, notice the river bank has been partially washed away)


SUMMER river

FALL river
WINTER river


SUMMER Selfer

FALL Selfer

WINTER selfer

One of my favorite things about life is change - at least change for the better. Even with the river's amazing change to the trail I still find it all beautiful. I love this beautiful, amazing, blessed world we live in.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

So is this walk close to your home? Do you drive to get there first? It looks very nice.

Ellen said...

This trail is about 10 minutes or less drive from our home. It is part of the de luz area of Fallbrook.