The Great Smokey Mountains National Park.
We were able to time this sunset just right. I still can't believe all the mountain ranges.
I understand why they are called the Smokey Mountains.
There were so many waterfalls. We hiked to 2 different ones.
We saw 3 or 4 other ones just off the road, this one included.
Wild turkeys, elk, deer and black bears were present for our view pleasure.
The momma black bear and her 3 cubs, we lucked out to see from the side of the road.
She was just walking through the forest, it was amazing.
There were so many streams to watch and listen to the water rushing by.
I have seen beautiful mountainsides covered in color,
but I couldn't believe how we were surrounded with so much color.
Biltmore Home built by the Vanderbilts.
The home had 105 bedrooms, a library the size of my house.
Acres and acres of land with its own fishing lake.
This was a true serendipity picture.
I was taking it of the lily pads and all got all this.
I was taking it of the lily pads and all got all this.
Life in Tennessee in the late 1800's.
Baptist churches, log cabins,
grain mills, barns, graveyards.
Capes Cove loop of the Smokey Mountain National Park.
Baptist churches, log cabins,
grain mills, barns, graveyards.
Capes Cove loop of the Smokey Mountain National Park.
The best person I could imagine being with.
I love this picture.
I love the old mill, the colors, us and the crisp air I feel when I look at this picture.
I love the old mill, the colors, us and the crisp air I feel when I look at this picture.
Dollywood, Bushs Baked Beans Factory - Silly amazing things.
We did not get the secret recipe from Duke, but we got some samples.
Dollywood and the Gospel Harvest Festival, look at all those gourds.
Adventure Mountain, the coolest "ride" I have ever done in my life.
I really enjoyed the colors.
Look at each different leaf or flower.
So many creations.
Doesn't it look like the tree is growing sideways.
I love the brilliant red.
The best part of the whole trip was the company.
We did not color coordinate on purpose.
What a wonderful week with Gene and Norine.
How blessed we were to spend this time with them
in this beautiful place.







2 comments:
I love all of these pictures too. Especially the one of you and dad. You both look great. It looks like an amazing trip and the colors of the trees are spectacular!
Love the pictures and all the colors of the area. Ok, I need to learn how to put pictures together on a blog. You do such a nice job. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment