Saturday, November 12, 2011

It rained last night

It rained last night
I awoke to the sound of it knocking on our windows and roof around 5:30 am
It rained last night
It was not raining this morning when I looked out the window and spied a very sad dog
Natasha with her tail between her legs, her ears layed back and drooping eyes
It rained last night
and I was not sure I wanted to go for a walk this morning but that sad dog convinced me
It rained last night
the crows were cawing, the birds chirping and tweeting and the rooster crowing about it
It rained last night
and I noticed about 20 shades of green as brilliant as possible
It rained last night
and the reds, oranges and yellows were vivid in the leaves
It rained last night
and the dirt smelled clean
It rained last night
and started to share a few droplets in the last 5 minutes of our walk
It rained last night
and the droplets sent ripples through the puddles
It rained last night
and the crisp air touched my skin and I felt energized
It rained last night
and the world felt better
It rained last night
and I loved it
It rained last night

No comments: