Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Simple Pleasures

I think it is great to have amazing wonderful things happening in your life, but I love to find joy in simple, basic things too.  Here are a few to share that bring a smile to my face.


I love to look out my kitchen window and see my bird feeders with a cute little bird feasting there.  I have 7 bird feeders in all; the favorite of the birds is the thistle seed, 2nd best is the sunflower seeds and finally enjoyed is the regular mix.  Craig and I had left town for 2 weeks in October and the feeders were empty during that time.  I refilled them when we got home, but it took another couple of weeks for the birds to come back and trust me again (I guess).  I am thrilled to have them again.  Craig knows because the moment I saw them  I texted him so. 


I love the fall season.  I love the crisp feel in the air, especially if it means I can break out my sweaters.  I love the colors of fall on the trees; the brilliant reds, yellows and oranges.  When we first moved to California, I missed the fall so much.  Craig was aware of this and the first trees he planted for me were liquid ambers.  What a sweetie! They change their colors in the fall, even if I have to wait until November to see it in California.  I was inspired by a little note card I saw to make this decoration.  I picked up the plate awhile back to use for decorating and this is the first time.  The vase was something I had, but the leaves are from the liquid amber tree and the berries from my heavenly bamboo bush.  The heavenly bamboo bush is a perfect one;  it blossoms with white flowers in the spring,  produces reddish/orange berries in the fall and the green leaves change colors too.


I am pretty sure most who know me, know I adore my family.  I love being with them so much and I don't really care what we are doing as long as it is together.  We currently live states apart and I miss them, but I really enjoy seeing their faces in pictures daily.  I put together this little photo gallery in a corner of my home.  It is on the wall when I first walk in and it is one of the first things I see.  I love looking at it.  My family is so gorgeous, see those silly faces that Anthony, Jana and Aimee are making.  

What are some of your simple pleasures?

1 comment:

Keli said...

Reading your blog! You always bring a little joy and beauty into my life. (And I love the photo of you and Craig at the mill!)