Wednesday, January 7, 2015

All about Me - Post #1

What is your favorite school subject?  This one is easy, literature! anything to do with reading books.  I love to read books and I never really minded if a book was assigned to read because it meant if I was reading a book, I was doing my homework.

One class I had in college was children's literature.  That was awesome, I had to read kids' books, kids' books! you can't get better than that.  I think I read about 100 plus books that semester, it was the best.  I still love to read children's books and I am happy to spend more time in the children's section of a library or bookstore than the adult section.  I especially love juvenile literature.

At one point in my life also I was the book fair specialist for the PTA at my children's school.  It was the best volunteer job ever.  I had to read children's books and then talk about them.  I would go each fall to Scholastic Books listen to their talks about the new books coming out, choose about 15 of them, read them, and then talk to each grade and class about the new books.  I only promoted what I thought desired being encouraged.  It got the students fired up on reading too.  What was better than that.

Reading, is still the best.

No comments: