Thursday, January 22, 2015

All About Me Post #2 2015

January 22, 2015

Tell Me Something that Drives You Crazy.  What do you do about it? I live in Fallbrook, California - nicknamed the friendly village. I am happy to report that if you wave at a person they are most likely to wave back.

But what drives me crazy.  Sometimes they are too friendly or too kind.  How so?  4 way stops!  I believe the rule at 4 way stops is the first person/car to arrive goes first.  Or if you arrive at the same time the car on the right is to go first.  Not in Fallbrook.  I can be the second car to the stop but the other driver will just wait for me and then finally wave me to go.

Seriously!  If they would just go after they stop instead of waiting for me to stop and then waving me to go, I actually would be going through the intersection sooner.  Why?  because then I don't have to wait for them, they all ready went.  But instead I wait, they don't go and then finally they wave me to go.

Reality, this friendly/helpful/kindness slows down traffic instead of helping it.

What can I do about it?  Maybe I should wave them on as I am slowing and stopping.  Maybe I should just go when I think it is my turn even if it isn't.  Maybe I should drive really, really slow up to the 4 way stops.  Maybe I should just not let it bug me and remind myself - it's Fallbrook, the Friendly Village - that and people don't know how to drive.

No comments: