March 10, 2014
1 week ago I was given a clean bill of health from Dr. Ghosh. Her comments exactly were perfect, everything looks perfect. It would be easy to say now this path is over but I can't because is it every really over. I mean I suppose it can be, just like Craig and I have gone on numerous hikes over the last couple of years and sometimes we will take the same path but most often we take a new path which guides us to a new summit or new views but each trail also gives similar experiences, that we have accomplish something that we might have struggle with or viewed immense beauty or strengthen our relationship. And each trail is lodged in our memory with sights, smells, and emotions. So in that way those trails are never over because they have become a part of us and shape us. This path is the same, has been the same - each has shaped me and lodged itself in me.
How?
Not driving for 6 weeks and relying on friends to take me to appointments
Cards of love, prayers, and encouragement
Friends visits
Not sleeping or laying on my belly
Willingness to let the young women clean my home
Accepting meals
Calling long distance friends to commiserate
Naps and sleeping in
A walk around the block can wear you out
Lunch with friends
Hand and feet massages
No yard work for 6 weeks
Not working for 6 weeks
Reading and finishing 6 books
Flowers from family
Offers of picking up items from the store
Watching 3 seasons of Sherlock
Frankenstein scar on my abdomen
Four uninterrupted days with my sister
Words of advice, comfort, information
Which were the bumps, which is the dust, and which are the smelling of the roses? It doesn't matter because they all were part of the path that I was given and are now me. If I didn't let this path make me, I would be ungrateful. Each path shapes me.
No comments:
Post a Comment