Sunday, February 8, 2015

All About Me Post #3 2015

What is the best thing about being the age you are right now?

I am 54.  Is that old?  Is that young? Is that middle age?  If it is middle age does that mean I am going to be around until I am 108? I suppose it is all based on perspective and whose.

The best things about being my age is my family.  What?

Well if I was only 19 I wouldn't be married. If I was 22, I wouldn't have my two children. If  I was 49 I wouldn't have my 3 grandchildren.  So I need to be 54, at age 54 I have all of those wonderful members of my family.  My husband, Craig.  My son, Anthony, and his wife, Jana, and their two adorable children, Z and J.  My daughter, Aimee, and her husband, Nate, and their cutie son, Colby.

It has been a great 54 years, not perfect because I am not perfect.  But I am blessed and I am happy.

By age 54, I have graduated from college, gotten married, gave birth to 2 children and raised them to adulthood, read all the Standard Works of Scripture, taught seminary for 8 years, traveled all 50 states, traveled to Europe and Canada, studied TESOL and Spanish, learned to sew and bake, rode a bike, ran 4 miles (once or twice), dreamed about my future, got a smart phone, learned to type, completed a little family history, took a few pictures, had surgery, have not broken any bones, gained and lost weight, felt inspired, cared for an ailing parent, hiked in and out of the Grand Canyon, grew a garden, wrote a few blog recipes, swim in the Atlantic and Pacific Ocean, visited Yellowstone, painted a wall or two, fell through the roof of a house, watched clouds, eaten strawberries and chocolate and polenta, and loved.

What is the best thing about being 54, is my life.



Post #2 Things that drive me crazy
Post s#1 What is your favorite school subject

No comments: