Sept. 11, 2015
Never Forget - Always Remember
 |
| Fallbrook Village Square |
|
|
There are some things that happen in your life and others that shape you, direct you, and determine the next step. They tell you, you always have a choice but some things limit those choices.
Sept. 11, 2001 is/was one of those things.
 |
| Replica of the towers, with names |
 |
| Close up of names |
|
|
Most of us can recall exactly where we were and what we were doing on 9/11. I can. I was in my home in Taylorsville, Utah when my friend Keli called me and told me to turn on the TV. Our TV was in the basement, down there I sat alone stunned and scared. Mostly scared for my kids, I desperately wanted to drive to each of their schools and gather them next to me. I didn't. I was glued to the TV watching the events unfold while also talking with Keli. I couldn't believe what I was seeing or hearing.
I know this event changed many lives in more sobering ways than my own. But it changed my life. You see Craig worked for American Express and one of the corporate offices was located in the Twin Towers. Because of this event, American Express downsized many of their staff and 4 months later Craig was looking for a new job. This new job started 6 months after that in southern California. Sure there was choices but we took the job that lead our lives to California. Anthony had just graduated from high school and was starting college at BYU. Aimee had to leave behind her friends, the only ones she had really ever known for the last 11 years of her life and start a new life, making new friends at a new high school in Fallbrook, California.
 |
| The words are the names of those lives lost |
Today, Fallbrook California hosted a display of memories from Ground Zero. There was an actual part of a beam from one of the towers. Pictures, fragments, names, memorials, sounds; numerous bits and pieces that touched my heart and helped me remember the lives lost, given, heroes, changes.
 |
| Beam from the south tower | |
 |
| Heroes 9/11/2001 |
 |
| Replicas of the planes |
 |
| Holds fragments of the towers and Pentagon |
 |
| History |
|
 |
| Additional Heroes the Air Traffic Controllers who safely guided 4,500 planes to land within 2.5 hours after the events |
|
|
 |
| All United as One |
I do not forget, I will always remember. We each have pivotal moments in our lives. This was many of ours. I look at it also as a time that brought us together. We need to be together still. I have hope for this mighty nation of ours that we will pull together and remember and be united again.
 |
| World Trade Center Memorial |
 |
| Debris replica |
Memorial Information
TV coverage of the display
Fallbrook Village News Information
2015 Photo Journal
No comments:
Post a Comment