This is another TBT photo journal. A few weeks ago I was visiting my family in Salt Lake City, Utah. I know you know I love spending time with my family. One of the days there we decided to visit Tracey Aviary.
I remember taking Anthony and Aimee to the aviary when they were young. I thought it was pretty awesome with the different birds and the bird show then. But it might have been considered a bit rundown. Not anymore. It is really something to see and experience now.
Although I think the Andean Condor might be the same one that was there 25 years ago.
There are interactive activities like flapping wings, or spying as a hawk would, or comparing your wing span to different birds.
You can even enter in and walk among a few of the birds. The volunteer in this exhibit knew so much about each of the birds in there. And the birds were calm and not afraid of us either.
The hawk and owl exhibit was set up so you felt like you were right in the midst of the forest with them. Although the birds were in the cages to protect them, you still felt so close and a part.
So many birds, colorful and beautiful. Different shapes and sizes. And baby birds too!
The Tracey Aviary is a great place to visit and observe among the birds and perhaps become one too.
Want more visit Tracey Aviary
Visit more photo journals here.
















No comments:
Post a Comment