Give me a trail and I want to hike it. What a chance to go hiking twice this past week. This time it was with Craig and one of our missionaries, Keaton, from when we were serving in Palermo, Sicily. Let me just say if you invite me to go hiking I am most likely going to say yes.
I don't know this trail's name. We parked behind Red Butte Gardens and walked up the road toward the dam. I have always gone left off the road but this time we walked to the end and went right. "Choose the Right" as my mil always says. Craig had ran it before so he was the only one experienced on this trail.

The trail was charming from the start with a couple of streams to cross over on wooden bridges, a few stone steps to go up, and leaf covered paths. You can ask my companions but I kept gushing over how pretty it was.
There was quite a bit of uphill climbing at first but nothing too steep. But if you go uphill you are going to get a few views.
Salt Lake Valley was really shining.
Just check out these mountains.
You might even see a deer or two.

I think if this was where my home was I would be in heaven.
Some of my favorite things we saw from grand to small details.
If I were to rate this trail it would be moderate. It isn't too long
maybe a couple of miles but we hit some steep sections and some rocky,
narrow paths that were a little concerning going downhill. It also appeared to be a favorite of other hikers because we passed a few going the opposite direction of us. Our downhill took us a little bit behind the Natural History Museum and we were able to loop easily back to our car.














No comments:
Post a Comment